The aim of the 4 years degree program in Radiology is to skills, techniques and ethical values to enable them to apply their acquired expertise at a level between the doctors and the patient for efferent health service delivery.
Skills to be learnt during course:
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the detailed Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Ability to learn and master the operation of simple / advanced sophisticated imaging machinery.
- Ability to identify trouble-shooting & problems related to the equipment’s used in Radiology.
- Perform maintenance and corrective measures on imaging instruments, where required.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge and technical skills regarding the diagnostic Radiology Technology including X-Rays, Medical Sonography, Computerized Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medical, Fluoroscopes, and cardiovascular imaging etc.
- Explaining the patient about the procedure, precautions and correct positioning.
- Place the equipment in the proper position in relation to patients body determine the proper machine settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proper usage of the radiation protection equipment’s.
- Manage small administrative issues of the department including purchase / replacement of the related equipment.
- Maintenance of work records, dye, and chemical storage, up to date methodology and miscellaneous duties.
- Complete work in compliance with the quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of stock solution, controls and equipment’s.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of record keeping.
- The ability to analyze and modify the imaging techniques according to the circumstances.
- Attend continuing education programs as funding and work load permits.
- Instruct and teach the junior staff and training technologists
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
Upon the completion of Dental Laboratory technology program, the students:
- will have the fundamental knowledge of Dental Laboratory technology to pursue their career and workplace needs.
- will have the intellectual curiosity to actively participate in the innovation/research, acquisition of new knowledge and skills to refine their technical abilities.
- will have the ability to critically analyze, communicate, diagnose and solve problems efficiently for the benefits of society.
- will demonstrate interpersonal, inter-professional and entrepreneurial skills to contribute towards society.
The applicant should have FSc. Pre medical or equivalent qualifications earned from a recognized board/institution with at least 50% marks