MS CIVIL ENGINEERING
MS CIVIL ENGINEERING
Higher education (Postgraduate Degree) in Civil Engineering is paramount to opening doors that are not otherwise accessible. These opportunities include research positions at corporation’s levels. A career at this level enables to achieve satisfaction through exploration of one’s own ideas and skills. Postgraduate degree in civil engineering allows civil engineers to expand their knowledge towards problem solving, accepting new challenges and playing due role in the development of humanity.
Realizing the importance of postgraduate studies, coping up with new challenges of modern construction trends and the need for continuing education in the current environment, Iqra National University launched MS Program in civil engineering (Engineering Management, Structures and Transportation Engineering) capitalizing upon the already established state of the art infrastructure for undergraduates studies at its existing campus.
Department of civil engineering at INU offer postgraduate leading to Ms in Civil Engineering. Graduate study in Civil Engineering is offered in the following areas:
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Structure Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
In line with the maximum requirement criteria by HEC for the admission on MS program, students are required to fulfill the following criteria:
- 16 years of education or 4 years education (124 credit hours) after HSSC/Grade 12 equivalent.
- Passing GAT conducted by National Testing Service (NTS) with minimum 50% cumulative score at the time of admission. GAT General Test is valid for a period of two years.
A minimum of 30 credit hours (20 credit hours for course work and 6 credit hours for research work) are needed to complete MS degree in civil engineering. Out of 24 credit hours at least 15 must be earned from core subjects to earn the degree in their respective stream. The rest of the 9 Research work must be published in any national/international conference or journal.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours (24 credit hours for course work and 6 credit hours for research work) are needed to complete Master of Science Degree in civil engineering.
- Out of 24 credit hours at least 15 credit hours must be earned from core subjects to earn the degree in their respective stream.
- Plan-A students will complete 6 credit hours research work which must be published in any national/international conference or HEC approved journal
- Plan-B students will study additionally 2 subjects of 6 credit hours to complete the degree.
- As per HEC policy; minimum duration required for degree completion is 2 years, while maximum duration is 4 years.